Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer is starting



Summer heat is setting in. During high sun the bass are active in the back waters. I've been fishing a few feet deep to surface, but letting the lure run super low when I get toward the bank. This is where I've been hooking the most bass this year. Right off the bank.



I've had good luck with white and light colored lures, usually diving minnows. I run them slow with fast spurts. Helps it look like a dying minnow. I run them pretty close to the surface out away from the bank. But keep them deeper by the bank.

With the summer heat I've had vehicle issues. My Bronco, the beast decided to die on me, the battery kept discharging. The alternator seems to be fine. And the only other clue was the gas gauge. It stopped working off and on. Low and behold the gas tank wires where pinched under the tank lip and over the frame. It had cut the wires, letting them connect and run a current.



I cut the harness and spliced in an extra 6" wires. I ran it over the frame, over the tank. So it is now way out of the way. With my truck there will be more surprises coming I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments . . .